Hyatt Regency Coconut Point's Green Initiatives
Our Hotel is Proud to Be Green
At Hyatt Regency Coconut Point, we take being environmentally conscious very seriously. This is a list of some of our conservation efforts as well as awards we've received:
For Meeting Planners
- Our guests are able to recycle in designated in-room recycling bins and with stations located throughout the property.
- Available fruit waters in decorative decanters should meeting planners prefer not to have bottled water
- We use programmable lighting system for public areas.
- Energy Management system that programs all HVAC, site lighting, pool equipment, pumps, etc.
- The Resort uses high efficiency lighting, LED in all meeting spaces, guestrooms, outdoor landscaping, parking garage and lots.
- Sensors on the garbage compactors notify the waste management company when it is full, therefore decreasing the amount of pick-ups per month.
- INNCOM guestroom thermostats are installed in every room and provides energy conservation and guest comfort using programmable, precise, direct digital control (DDC) technology.
- Motion sensors are used throughout the hotel to shut off lights in storage areas.
- Stillwater Spa’s treatments are designed for low water usage and eco-friendly products are used
- The Resort’s laundry is set up to recycle final rinse water.
- Our cleaning products are non-toxic (Eco Lab).
- We recycle plastic, glass and aluminum from the guest rooms, Food & Beverage outlets and group functions. Office paper, cardboard, newspaper and magazines are also recycled. Engineering - batteries, fluorescent tubes, oils/lubricates, refrigerants and paints.
- Water is conserved through low flow toilets and showerheads.
- Well water is used for all landscaping irrigation.
- Moisture and rain stat sensors are used on our irrigation system.
- Thermal water tanks (glycol ice system) are used to help cool for the hotel. ( make ice and store it for cooling hotel during peak demand hours)
- High efficiency motors are used.
- Replaced heating and hot water boilers with 99% thermal efficiency units.
- First recipient in Florida of the Three Palm certification for green lodging
- Recipient of TripAdvisor’s Green Leader Gold Status award, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- ConventionsSouth Green Meetings Approved Resort
- Golf Course was awarded the nation’s first Audubon Gold Certification for preservation.
- View our other Awards here.